Eating healthy does not mean you have to skip dessert! Believe me when I tell you that without desserts it would be very hard for me to stay raw vegan:) I try to eat at least 85-90% raw vegan most days (it’s challenging being a chef because I have to try a lot of things through out the day) with the bulk of my food being lots of greens, fruit, veg, along with some nuts and seeds. I like to reward myself with a raw dessert at the end of the day when I have done 100% raw all day. And these little beauties are perfect!!
In honor of the last dog days of summer I decided to whip up some sandwich cookies so I could have one while I sit on my deck and watch the ripe apples fall off the trees and the sun sink below the horizon.
You will need use of a food processor, high speed blender, and 6 ring molds. I love my ring molds, if you don’t have any, get some!! I use mine for for lots of things like vegan artisan cheeses, mini cheezecakes, and these sandwich Cheezecake cookies.
1/2 cup of raw almonds
1/2 cup of raw walnuts
3/4 cup of coconut
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ginger
2-3Tbsp. Maple syrup
1. Grind the nuts in a food processor.
2. Add in the coconut
3. Drizzle in the maple syrup until the dough sticks together but is still a little chunky.
4. Press 1/2 the mixture into the bottom of the ring molds.
1 cup of raw cashews, pieces
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup of coconut milk
1.Place everything in a high speed blender and blend until completely smooth.
2. Distribute evenly among the cookie bases, I used an ice cream scoop to do this.
3. Place in the freezer for a couple of hours until firm.
4. Press the remaining cookie dough on the top.
5. Place back in the freezer to firm up again.
6. Slide out of the ring mold, and flip over.
If you are enjoying my recipes consider purchasing my Real Food Reset Guide! It’s full of mostly raw, super healthy and incredibly delicious recipes to help you get back to radiant health:)❤️